Actually, in these days many people needs to complete their tasks in a single click. Similarly, usage of various remote controls for every single device, console, or system at their home, office, or anywhere else can lead them into a bit confusing these days.
The confusion starts from here like there’s a remote for your TV, one more for your Streaming device, an another remote for your Blu-ray player,……,oh my god what not! you’re never ever wholly sure for what you are reaching. The best solution to break this confusion is getting a best universal remote control and set it up for all your devices with the help of codes. But do you know the universal remote codes for a vizio tv?
This is a very comprehensive type of remote which is called as vizio universal remote which can control maximum of four device components. If you would like to get a detailed guidance on how to pair/program this universal remote to vizio tv remote codes. In this particular article we have mentioned 4 digit, 3 digit and 5 digit vizio universal remote codes which actually helps to program any of your selected universal remote with the vizio device.
If you’ve researching for answers online to get rid of your different thoughts, questions and concerns regarding to our today’s topic, you might have found a long list of numbers with a little to no information in the path of finding the correct code for your device. of course as we said before, this article consists of different codes that you might need to pair with your devices and also makes it easy to find out which one is help you to pair your universal remote with your model of Vizio TV.
Universal Remote Codes For Vizio TV
If you would like to connect a universal remote with your vizio tv, then you make sure to have found the code that is associated with the TV. Of course the remote codes are the strings of numbers (2-5 digits) associated along with your devices such as TV and also the Sound Systems which actually encourage your universal remote control know which device to pair with.
So, these are many types of possible universal remote codes for a Vizio TV. Keep in mind that each and every branded universal remote control needs a various type of codes for your each TV brand, So finding the correct code plays a crucial role for your devices. But fortunately, the vizio doesn’t have as many codes in order to select from as some different TV brands.
Cool! But what is the best way to know which one is suitable to your universal remote to program vizio tv. For that we have a technique you can check out the below steps and follow the instruction.
How to Know Which Universal Remote Code to Use
You have already been provided with the instructions manual booklet along with your branded universal remote controls. All the instruction manuals for any universal remote generally include a list of what codes to use for pairing with a different brands and the devices, so be sure to check out your attached manual first!
But if you find it not helpful in any way or if you do not have that manual at all, you can have some more options to resolve your problem in finding the suitable codes. In our opinion many of the universal remote controls are much compatible with CL3, CL4, or CL5 remote codes. So to find out what type your remote actually uses, follow these simple steps:
- First of all from your universal remote you have to take out the batteries
- Now locate the sticker in the battery component.
- On that sticker you can find the remote’s CL version so you must remember it or write it down on the paper.
- Keep the batteries back in your remote control.
This is simple, now you can use the remote codes that are match the CL version of your universal remote to program the remote with your vizio tv brand. Here for an instance, if your remote version is “CL4” mentioned on the sticker, you’ll need to try the 4-digit codes from the below list.
If you’re still might be confused which code you should use, so keep scrolling and read for step by step instructions and helpful tips on how to pair your remote with your TV.
Pairing a Universal Remote with a Vizio TV
If you’ve already brought your new favorite universal remote control, then it mostly came with the manual and instructions booklet for pairing it with your different types of devices. Of course while the instructions for each brand of a remote are slightly varied, they all follow similar steps for setup:
- First of all “Turn on your vizio branded TV” (You can use the power button on TV itself).
- Now “On your universal remote”, tap and hold the “TV” button until the light on that remote blinks twice. Of course the light shall then stay lit mode.
- In the next step you need to “Enter the Code” for your branded vizio TV by using the number buttons on the remote. Of course here the light should flash as you enter each digit from your code. (Note: If you’re unaware which code to use, then check out the below paragraph!)
- So After entering the final digit, the light shall flash two times and then automatically turn off if the code is accepted.
- Finally, Point out the remote control directing to your vizio TV and then “Press” power button. That’s all you’ve successfully been paired the remote with your Vizio TV if your TV turns off.
Sometimes the above steps didn’t work well even if you followed them as it is instructed and still if you don’t find which code is the right one to your device, at that time you can use the procedure of a trial and elimination. So using the below list of codes (with the appropriate number of digits for your universal remote), make sure to repeat the above steps with an another code every time until you get the one that works.
Other Methods for Pairing a Universal Remote
If you don’t want to take any excessive concern with the codes, or if you’ve already entered all the codes that given below and tired off, but still getting interruptions, then you may be want to try out some other methods of pairing your remote with your vizio TV.
Depending upon the brand of the universal remote that you’re trying to pair, you may be allowed to pair it to your TV without having usage of a code by simply pressing a few buttons. So please do check out the instruction manual which has come up with remote to see if it offers alternative methods.
In this digital world there is a separate app for every device, in that way you can also download the Vizio TV app on your smartphone and also proceed their instructions there in order to use your smartphone for controlling your TV rather than a universal remote or as a temporary solution until you purchase a new remote control.
You can check out the below codes for your vizio tvs;
5 Digit Codes (CL5)
4 Digit Codes (CL4)
3 Digit Codes (CL3)
2 Digit Code
Vizio Soundbar Universal Remote Codes
4 Digit Codes
5 Digit Codes
VIZIO Blu-Ray Remote Codes
5 Digit Codes
Vizio Audio Universal Remote Codes
Vizio DVD Universal Remote Codes
1500, 1502, 1501, 1419, 0382
Vizio Wall Mount Universal Remote Codes
How to Program Vizio Universal Remote Without Codes
If you do not know the codes or any code was not supporting then you must proceed with the auto search method, so the universal remote will be working through its scanning feature. It scans directly one to code in order to find out a correct remote code which actually suits to your remote in order to program. You can follow the simple steps that are given below.
- First of all you have to “Turn on” your smart devices such as “TV” that you’d like the universal remote to control.
- Then “Turn On” the remote and then tap on the device button (TV, DVD, CBL and OK/SEL) for 3 seconds. So LED light indicates your device is ready to program.
- Now you have to target your remote to the device and then click on “CH+” & “CH-“ switches. So that the remote will show on/off signals. Click on “up” or “down” key continuously till the device will turn off.
- Now click on the “Power” key for the verification purpose. So that the device must be “Turn on”. Finally if it starts the device, then try out to changing the channel for verifying that remote has been programmed in a correct way.
- Finally tap on the “device” button in order to save the code. LED of Device will blink twice for confirming the code that has been stored.
How to Program Vizio Universal Remote With Manual Method
There is another method to find out the codes in an easy way that is keycode method. The keycode find outs the make and model of your equipment as soon as possible.
- “Turn your device on” to begin this method.
- Tap on the “TV” on your “Vizio universal remote”
- After that you have to tap and hold the “setup button” of your universal remote until it starts showing the “Light Flash” (It means it is in “Learning mode”)
- And then you need to enter “Keycode” which you’ve collected from your programming guide (instructions booklet)
- So, once you’ve finished this process, then simply “Point out your remote at the TV” and then “press and hold the power” button
- You can now release the “Power Button” whenever the screen turns off.
That’s enough, you’re all done, Your device will work now with the Vizio universal remote control, but if your device is not working then you must try to repeat the same steps with the different code from the same part of the reference table.
How to Program Vizio Universal Remote With Code Search
If you’re unable to find out the key code that suits for your device so at that situation you can setup your universal remote to the search mode for the correct one. Of course it is the code for which forces the remote into the search mode.
- “Turn The Device On” to begin our procedure
- Now press and hold the “Setup” button
- Enter the “9-9-1” (three digit) code
- Now hold down the “Power Button” on the remote and then press the Channel up them until the device in this case your tv “Turns Off”
Of course the above mentioned procedure may take some extra time than other methods, but it is very helpful and important in order to find out the key code for your device. Once you’ve finished the above procedure your remote should be working for all in functions.