From this article we are going to be taking a look at How do i program my qfx universal remote? Of course as usual there are different types of methods to pair your qfx universal remote control with your favorite devices so without any further ado let’s get started our today’s topic.
Guide To QFX Universal Remote Programming
Auto Search Code
After you unpack your remote control, you will need to buy two AAA (triple-A) batteries for your universal remote. Because most of them do not come with batteries. Make sure to open the back of the remote control and put batteries in then close it. Make sure to know what type of batteries that you need for your universal remote control before buying them. Now without further ado let’s look at the steps by step guidance of how to program qfx universal remote control with auto search code.
- Turn on manually the device that you wish to program (In my case it is a TV)
- “Press & Release” the devices button that you wish to control with your universal remote control (such as tv, dvr cable, b-ray, amp or auxiliary). The LED light will blink and remain off.
- In third step “point the remote control at the device” and then press & hold the “Setup” button until the LED indicator light shines. (Approximately about two seconds). then release the button. The LED light will remain ON.
- In the fourth step you have to point the remote control toward the component then tap on the power button of your universal remote and release it.
- The remote control will start searching automatically through the codes. The LED light will flash until the “device turns off“. Press “OK” button as soon the TV turns off to save the code.
- Important Note: If you wait too long like more than one second before pressing the ok button, it will go to the next code…therefore you will have to start over from step one.
- In the final step turn on your component with the power button of the universal remote control that you just programmed and check the other buttons of the remote to see if they work properly. If they do not work properly you should repeat the procedure from second step.
We have used here a qfx universal remote instructions. If your remote control is philips, panasonic or RCA we have some articles on those remotes on our website. Check through our website you will find them. You can program up to six different devices with this qfx universal remote tv codes such as tv, dvr cable, b-ray, amp and auxiliary. We hope that this method helps you
Direct Code Entry Method
From the below step by step guidance we are going to take a look at how to program qfx universal remote control with direct code entry. After you unpack your remote control you will need to buy two AAA batteries to operate with your universal remote because most of them do not come with batteries. Make sure to open the back of the remote control and put batteries in then close it. Now without any further ado let’s get started with how to program qfx universal remote control with direct code entry.
- First step look at the four digit code of your brand’s device such as TV, DVR, cable, B-ray, AMP, Auxiliary and write it somewhere or remember it. (Because you will have to use it in step five). Here my tv is Samsung so i found qfx remote codes for samsung tv is 1535. You can also circle the code.
- In the second step you need to Turn on manually your device that you wish to control.
- Third step press the device button that you wish to program such as TV, DVR, cable, B-ray, AMP or Auxiliary button until the LED indicator light shines, then release the button. The LED light will blink once and remain off.
- In the fourth step press and hold the setup button approximately two seconds, the LED indicator light shines..then release the button, the LED light will remain ON.
- In at fifth step use the keypad of your remote to enter the four-digit code of your device’s brand that you found in the first step. The LED light will turn OFF if the code is correct. On the other hand if the code is incorrect the LED red light will flash and remain on allowing you to enter different codes.
- Important Note: If no button is pressed for 35 seconds or more you will have to start over from step one because the remote control will exit from the setup mode.
- In the sixth step you have to use the universal remote control that you just programmed to turn off the device then turn it back on by pressing the power button and check the remaining buttons too.
If they work properly congratulations you’re all done. If they do not work, try different codes of your devices brand since most brands have more than one code in the code list. Or try to program with the auto search code method. You can program up to six different devices with this qfx universal remote control. We hope that these methods helps you.
QFX 8 in 1 Universal Remote Codes
If you do not know where to find out the universal remote control codes for our devices then make sure to check out Inside the menu of your remote you’ll find a table of the manufacturers and device types with different digit codes for each. We’ll start with your TV, to find the manufacturer such as vizio, toshiba, jumbo and many more and make a note of the first number in the table those are your qfx universal remote control codes for your operating devices.
QFX Jumbo Universal Remote Code List
When i was figuring out this remote, this is a really big remote but the peculiar thing is this remote was probably made for someone who may need big buttons and eyesight tends to decline with age. But the instructions are really small like micro fish small. Anyways just thought was odd.
So as always make sure you have pretty fresh batteries in your remote when you’re programming it, marginal batteries can affect the remote to not work properly. And it takes two double A batteries. So let’s get right into the programming.
You might notice when you go to program this remote that there are over a dozen device categories of codes but only five device buttons that you have right on it. So you might thinking which device button do i program my device to, especially audio if you use soundbar like me and there’s no device button for audio, you can program any device to any device button. You just have to remember which device button you use in case it’s not labeled audio or whatever.
Unfortunately there’s no streaming buttons or codes for streaming devices like roku, apple tv however it will actually work with amazon fire stick using your TVs HDMI CEC. Okay so i’ll do the direct code entry first.
Direct Code Entry For QFX Jumbo
You’ll want to start with your device turned on and you’ll need your code list that came with your remote. You’re going to want to take the first code from the list under your device brand and remember it.
- Press and hold “Code Search” until the LED stays on.
- Press and release the device button “TV” in my example and enter the code from the list that you remembered earlier. In my case the code for LG TV is “0015”.
- Now point the remote at the device and press “power” to see if it “turns off”. If nothing happens try the next code in the list.
- If this code does work you’ll want to go through some of the functions like “volume up, down”, “left, right”, “input”…etc to see if the remote works as expected. If only some functions work but not others you’re going to want to try the next code in the list since some codes will only partially work.
- If you’ve used up all the codes and still no luck with this….just move on to the next section with the auto code search to see if you can hit on a better code.
One more thing if you have a smart tv this will probably only work the basic functions, so you won’t have any apps or shortcuts or stuff like that. So keep that in mind. Okay next let’s input a soundbar to show another device.
- Press and hold “Code Search” again..the LED is on.
- Press the device button that you want to use in my case i’m inputting a “soundbar” and there’s no audio button, so i’m going to put it over here on “SAT”. Remember i said earlier that you can put any device on any device button just you have to remember to use that device button for whatever device.
- Enter the code for Bose “0868” all right same thing as before check out the functionality of the code.
Next let’s run through the manual code search in case the direct code entry method didn’t work. This method searches through all the codes in the remote’s memory that might operate your device. This method can take a while if your code happens to be the end of near the end of the list.
Manual Code Search
- Same as before start with the “device turned on”
- Press the “Code Search” button until the “LED stays on”
- Press and release the device button that you’re trying to program to “TV” in my example here.
- Now aim the remote at the device and keep aiming it while pressing the “power button” slowly and repeatedly until your device responds.
- You’re sending out one code at a time with every press of the “power button”, once your device responds press “enter” to store the code.
- Unfortunately there’s no way to reverse the sequence if you’ve passed your code by accident..you’ll have to begin this again.
- If you come up with a code that makes your device respond, same thing as before check the functionality of the code, if it only partially works try the sequence again but this time stop on the second code that responds because you already know the first one didn’t work, then try again.
Keep doing this until you come up with one that works. If none of them work with either of these two methods then throw the remote in the trash 🙂 There are some other things that the manual mentions like programming a sleep function, code retrieval to see which code is in the memory and so forth.
QFX 6 in 1 Universal Remote Codes
- Auto/manual code pairing for fast setup
- Controls up to 6 devices Including TV, DVD, VCR, VCD/TV LD/CD, Audio, AC, satellite and cable
- Compatible with almost all TV and A/V devices
- Master power on/off button
- Battery saver
- Direct code entry
- Colored ABCD buttons for menu navigation in DVRs and set-top boxes
- Code saver
- Requires 2 AAA batteries